Modifying tasks number during scheduling
Alessio Pagliari
2018-09-19 14:41:42 UTC
Hi guys,

I was playing a bit with a Custom Scheduler to understand how it works.
I was wondering, is there a way to change the number of tasks for a certain component from the Scheduler class? Like for example if during the scheduling I'd like to increase or decrease the number of the spouts?
I cannot find any API that allows me to do that.

I don’t like the idea of having to change the storm code in the deep, even because I don’t know Clojure and I’m not using 2.0.0 yet.

Thank you,

Alessio
Bobby Evans
2018-10-02 15:44:39 UTC
There is no way to do that currently. It is not a trivial change because
it deals with how tuples are routed/etc and has a rather big impact on the
running topology as a whole. There are also some issues with how we number
the tasks that would need to change to be able to support that feature.

It is doable, but would require the entire topology to be restarted to
work, and sadly we don't support that currently.

Thanks,

Bobby