Storm UI CPU/Memory metrics always return 0 (Storm 1.2.1)
COSTE Thomas
2018-10-30 16:24:59 UTC
Hi all,

I am currently using the Storm UI metrics REST API to retrieve metrics from Storm, but it seems like the CPU and Memory metrics are always 0:

bash$ curl -X GET http://localhost:9080/api/v1/supervisor/summary | jq
{
"supervisors": [
{
"totalMem": 3072,
"slotsFree": 3,
"host": "mx12405vm",
"id": "6cb0b55a-ec38-47dd-afef-939ca64d8228",
"uptime": "2h 4m 29s",
"availMem": 3072,
"totalCpu": 400,
"usedCpu": 0,
"logLink": "http://mx12405vm:8000/daemonlog?file=supervisor.log",
"usedMem": 0,
"availCpu": 400,
"slotsUsed": 1,
"version": "1.2.1",
"slotsTotal": 4,
"uptimeSeconds": 7469
}
],
"schedulerDisplayResource": true,
"logviewerPort": 8000
}

I am using a test topology (attached code) that artificially consumes cpu with a never-ending for loop:

public class DummyBolt extends BaseBasicBolt {
public void execute(Tuple tuple, BasicOutputCollector basicOutputCollector) {
System.out.println("Bolt is receiving id="+tuple.toString());
for(;;){}
}

public void declareOutputFields(OutputFieldsDeclarer outputFieldsDeclarer) {

}
}

Is there any setting that needs to be activated in order to publish these metrics ?
I tried switching schedulerDisplayResource to true but it did not change anything...

Thanks,
Thomas

******************************* This e-mail contains information for the intended recipient only. It may contain proprietary material or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient you are not authorized to distribute, copy or use this e-mail or any attachment to it. Murex cannot guarantee that it is virus free and accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from its use. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify immediately the sender and delete the original email received, any attachments and all copies from your system.