Ports definition for Nimbus and ZooKeeper in a multi-machine deployment
COSTE Thomas
2018-11-09 16:35:17 UTC
Hello ***@storm.apache.org<mailto:***@storm.apache.org>,

The Nimbus and ZooKeeper ports can be configured in storm.yaml thanks to the following parameters:

* storm.zookeeper.port
* nimbus.thrift.port

And we can configure a list of hosts for both Nimbus (nimbus.seeds) and ZooKeeper (storm.zookeeper.servers).

As far as I understand, we can provide several hosts, but only one port.

Is there a way to define a port for a given host, or does all the instances have to use the same port on different machines ?
If not, this is a huge constraint, as it is hard to guarantee that the same port is free on all our machines.

Could you please let us know how to be able to define a port per host ?
Is there currently a development planned for this feature ?

Thank you,
Thomas
******************************* This e-mail contains information for the intended recipient only. It may contain proprietary material or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient you are not authorized to distribute, copy or use this e-mail or any attachment to it. Murex cannot guarantee that it is virus free and accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from its use. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify immediately the sender and delete the original email received, any attachments and all copies from your system.