TimeoutBlockingWaitStrategy.signalAllWhenBlocking taking high CPU
Nithin Uppalapati (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEX)
2018-09-10 21:49:57 UTC
Hi,
TimeoutBlockingWaitStrategy.signalAllWhenBlocking is taking high CPU for the topology we have. PFA the yourkit profiling snapshot.

Any idea what could causing it? Any suggestions to improve?

Thanks,
Nithin
Reinhard Kreutz
2018-09-11 12:14:57 UTC
Hi

Without knowing the internals of storm: There have been some changes in com.lmax.disruptor.jar in 3.3.5, 3.3.6 and (perhaps) 3.3.8 dealing with disruptors and waiting strategies. (See

https://github.com/LMAX-Exchange/disruptor )

We currently stick to storm 1.0.5 and face idle CPU load of 90+%, too. Is there any compatible storm version with a disruptor jar of version higher than 3.3.2 ?

Reinhard

Nithin
Nithin Uppalapati (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEX)
2018-09-14 15:20:38 UTC
Hi,
Using storm version 1.2.1 with Disruptor version 3.3.2. Controlling the TOPOLOGY_DISRUPTOR_BATCH_SIZE value reduced the CPU utilization. We had a value of 1 which was causing high CPU. Increasing the batch size to 100 reduced the CPU Utilization.