Zookeeper client version used in Storm
Michal Koziorowski
2018-09-20 07:53:13 UTC
Hi,

Question to devs. Are there any plans to upgrade zookeeper used in
Storm? In newest 3.4.13 release, there is a fix for cloud environments
where zookeeper servers have dynamic ips. We would really want to see
that to remove some of ugly hacks existing on our servers made to
override zookeeper dynamic ips problems.

Best regards,

Michal
Michal Koziorowski
2018-09-20 07:58:08 UTC
Hi,

Question to devs.
Are there any plans to upgrade zookeeper used in Storm? In newest 3.4.13 release, there is a fix for cloud environments where zookeeper servers have dynamic ips (https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2184). We would really want to see zookeeper upgraded to remove some of ugly hacks existing on our servers made to override zookeeper dynamic ips problems.

Best regards,
Michal
Stig Rohde Døssing
2018-09-20 14:30:18 UTC
I don't think there are any open issues/PRs to do it, but I don't see why
we couldn't upgrade. Feel free to raise an issue at
https://issues.apache.org/jira, and if you want to contribute the patch,
please submit a PR to https://github.com/apache/storm/pulls. You can find a
guide on how to develop Storm here
https://github.com/apache/storm/blob/master/DEVELOPER.md.

Michal
Bobby Evans
2018-09-20 17:54:27 UTC
You can do it yourself as you build.

mvn clean install -Dzookeeper.version=3.4.13

but we should look at upgrading. 3.4.13 is the first with a client side
change that makes a difference for customers, and it should be backwards
compatible.

Thanks,

Bobby
Michal
Michal Koziorowski
2018-09-21 07:25:30 UTC
Hi,

I created issue for updating zookeeper client
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-3233).

Next week, I will try to submit PRs for current storm and 1.1.x and 1.2.x.

I see 1.1.x-branch on git. Which one is for 1.2.x. Is it 1.x-branch?

Best regards,

Michal
Michal
Stig Rohde Døssing

Michal
Bobby Evans
Michal
Michal Koziorowski
2018-09-24 15:50:08 UTC
Thanks,

I've created PRs for:

master: https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/2846

1.1.x: https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/2847

and 1.x: https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/2848

Best regards,

Michal
Post by Bobby Evans
You also need to make sure you submit a patch to master.
On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 8:02 AM Stig Rohde DÞssing
Michal
Bobby Evans